By adopting this code, approved suppliers share a common commitment to promote the highest possible standards of professional conduct. The code of practice is intended as a guideline as to the principles to which all approved suppliers should conduct themselves. It does not, however, represent the entire scope of good conduct and ethical behaviour and approved suppliers are expected to exercise their own judgment to meet such principles.
All Practice Index approved suppliers undertake the following:
- To abide by all applicable laws, codes and regulations, and protect consumers against fraud and unfair trading practices.
- To present or supply products, services and skills honestly without misrepresentation and only undertake to do work or provide a service that is within your reasonable professional competence.
- To provide fair and responsive service to customers before, during and after all business transactions.
- Conduct your professional activities without discrimination on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, ethnic origin, religion, age or disability, or of any other condition or requirement.
- To respect the intellectual property rights of all third parties and act openly and honestly in respect of intellectual property rights.
- To recognise the rights of others to compete for business fairly and in accordance with applicable law.
- To comply with all lawful contractual obligations.
- Accept your duty to uphold the reputation of businesses within the medical sector and not take any action which could bring the sector into disrepute.
- Never to compromise your integrity by accepting or offering any sort of bribery or unethical inducement.
- To provide a safe working environment for your employees.