1 day course
9.30 to 4pm
Your practice or a neighbouring practice
The Understanding Investigations course will enable delegates to increase their knowledge of clinical investigations so enabling them to empathise with patients and increase the effectiveness of patient care.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
Course outline for the day:
- Describe the physiology of blood
- Explain frequently requested blood tests and the conditions or diseases which may be associated with them
- Demonstrate knowledge of male and female screening including cytology
- Describe common gastrointestinal and cardiology investigations
- Identify common normal values
- State the meaning of common investigation abbreviations
Delegates will receive a comprehensive course manual and a certificate of attendance.
- Blood and blood tests
- Respiratory/cardiac investigations
- Gastro-intestinal investigations
- Well male and female screening
- Reference ranges
Who should attend:
This course is equally suited to both new and experienced staff who have responsibility to administer investigations and results. It is also highly appropriate for staff who encounter pathology terms and abbreviations in the course of their work, and who would like to have a clearer understanding of them.
Full day: £875 + VAT
For up to 15 people. You may wish to join up with other neighbouring practices to share the cost of the training.
Bookings via Practice Index are charged at a discounted rate and come with a money back guarantee.
Course delivered by:
Alison Bingley, Hilary Andrews, Victoria Boyle, Vicky Wild – dependent on the location of the course
"Brilliant. Loved it - and it kept my attention"
Course Delegate - Wessex LMC
Please note: If the aforementioned trainer is not available on the day, a suitable replacement trainer will be supplied. For remote parts of the UK, additional travel costs maybe incurred. If so, this will be made clear to you before you book the training.