1. Training
    Date:
    Any date to suit you

Time:

1 day
    Morning session (10am to 1pm)
    Afternoon session (2pm to 5pm)

Course description:
    The key principles of appraisal skills for practice managers and others with responsibilities for conducting performance reviews. Interpretation of the process and consistent performance evaluation is covered.

Objectives
    To gain an understanding of:
    • The purpose of the performance appraisal process
    • How the performance appraisal cycle should work
    • The role of the employee and the manager/supervisor
    • The skills required, e.g. questioning; listening; providing constructive feedback
    • How to embrace the appraisal process to ensure alignment to the practice’s vision
    • Ensuring fair and consistent evaluation without bias
    • How to create a culture where transparency is valued - therefore, ‘no surprises’ at appraisal time
    • How to make the process slick with added value for all parties
    Course outline for the day
    The training facilitator will lead discussion relating to the purpose of appraisals in the medical practice and their place in a business context; how they add value for the practice and its employees; the process of effective and fair evaluation; their link to learning and development, as well as how they underpin the recruitment and selection process. The training day will consist of discussion, validation of understanding, documentation review and practice in the form of role play.

Who should attend
    Practice managers and others with supervisory appraisal performance responsibilities

Price:
    Full day: £945 + VAT
    For up to 12 people. You may wish to join up with other neighbouring practices to share the cost of the training.

Booking:

Bookings via Practice Index are charged at a discounted rate and come with a money-back guarantee.

Course delivered by:

Lynda Wilson

About the trainer:
    Lynda is a seasoned Training and Recruitment Consultant, having worked across a broad industry sector, including health/medical practices/CCGs. Lynda has worked with clients on a global scale with significant design and delivery of soft skills training. As a qualified, accredited trainer, Lynda aims to support practice managers/supervisors to transform the way appraisals are managed to the benefit of all employees concerned.

Lynda is fully aware of the dedication and hard work of all staff within the practice and recognises the need for effective collaboration across the workforce. She is equipped with an insight into the business focus whilst balancing staff morale. The appraisal process is an effective tool in managing this aspect.

Testimonials:
    “This is one of the best training events I have attended – the coach is very knowledgeable and puts a lot of energy into the event. Lynda’s interpersonal skills are first class.”
    Joanna Hughes, UCL, London

“The trainer was first class and it is evident she has great expertise in her field.”
    Delegate, ESB, Ireland

"Lynda was fantastic! It was a thorough and informative training session. I will be recommending to colleagues."
    Jennine Edge, Parkfield Medical Centre

Please note: If the aforementioned trainer is not available on the day, a suitable replacement trainer will be supplied. For remote parts of the UK, additional travel costs maybe incurred. If so, this will be made clear to you before you book the training.

Recent Reviews

1. emma.hadwin
    emma.hadwin
    5/5,
    Informative course, the role play section was very useful. I would be keen to send staff on an appraise course run by Lynda in the future.
  2. Traceyclampitt
    Traceyclampitt
    5/5,
    Enjoyed the session very informative and practical
  3. Jennine
    Jennine
    5/5,
    Appraisal training - full day
    Lynda was fantastic – and no she didn’t pay me to say that!
    The training was quite informal and it was a great opportunity to discuss what others were doing and lean from each other as well as from Lynda’s experience.
    We even managed to go through competency base for general practice in full, which I will share with the other attendees.
    It was a really thorough and informative training session; I will be recommending it to colleagues.
    Lynda also mentioned a session she could run for appraisees and how they can get the best out of their appraisal which all of us in attendance felt would be really useful and worthwhile.

Thanks
    Jennine