Full-day CQC-style inspection

1. Training
    Date:
    Any day that suits you

Time:
    Morning session (9am to 12pm)
    Afternoon session (1pm to 4pm)

Assessment description:
    The day will be used to carry out a mock CQC inspection.

Morning session:
    • Listen to the practice CQC presentation
    • Q&A session with the following staff in attendance: registered manager, practice manager, infection control lead, reception team leader
    • A series of standard CQC questions will then be asked
    Afternoon session:
    • Inspection of the premises
    • Inspection of the practice documentation
    • Assessment of documentation to see if it is fit for purpose and is compliant
    The final part of the day will be spent drafting an improvement plan for the practice with named individuals carrying out the actions required with timelines and dates for completion.

Who should attend:
    Registered manager, practice manager, infection control lead, reception team leader, GPs. Ideally, the registered manager should be supported by the whole team and certainly have input from several of the GPs within the practice.

Price:
    Full day: £825 + VAT

Booking:

Bookings via Practice Index are charged at a discounted rate and come with a money-back guarantee.

Course delivered by:

Stephen Brown

About the trainer:
    Stephen left mainstream practice management after 28 years and has his own consultancy delivering support to GP services. Recently he has supported a number GP and dental practices throughout the UK, successfully leading them to pass their CQC inspections.

Stephen has extensive experience in practice management, in both military and civilian environments, and has a successful record in supporting practices that have been underachieving.

Testimonials:

"We recently engaged Stephen to work with us on a part-time basis to support us in several challenges the practice faced and found that he was easy to work with. Stephen was invaluable in helping us in several key areas, including CQC, Recruitment, Change Management, Business Management, Infection Control, Soft Facilities Management and Health & Safety, among others. Stephen is very approachable, punctual and reliable. He has helped us make huge strides in the right direction. We have been very happy with the service Stephen provided to St John’s Medical Centre and we have no hesitation in recommending him."
    GP Partner on 21st November 2016

"I cannot speak highly enough of Steve Brown, since working with me in April 2016 he has led all three of my practices in CQC inspections. This was no mean feat; he was instrumental in all areas of preparation, including staff training. The result being that all three surgeries passed. Finally, he identified one of my staff as a potential manager and has been training her for the last six months. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Steve Brown to my healthcare colleagues."
    GP Principal on 24 November 2016

Please note: If the aforementioned trainer is not available on the day, a suitable replacement trainer will be supplied. For remote parts of the UK, additional travel costs maybe incurred. If so, this will be made clear to you before you book the training.