Morning session (9:30am to 11:30pm)
Afternoon session (2pm to 4pm)
Your practice or a neighbouring practice.
Learn about fire extinguishers and how to use them.
The UK Government states that you’ll need to have any equipment properly installed, tested and maintained and train your staff to use them if necessary. This course is aimed at either all employees (smaller practices), or an additional session when training Fire Marshals (larger organisations).
By the end of the fire extinguisher training delegates will understand:
- Review of local evacuation arrangements
- Basic revision of fire principles. (fire awareness overview)
- Theory of Fire Extinguishers. (types, method of extinguishing, extinguishant properties)
- Checks and tests for extinguishers (Overview of checks to confirm extinguisher is suitable for use)
- Safety brief for Fire Extinguishers. (manual handling, COSHH)
- Practical application of the various types of fire extinguisher, using live discharge of Co2 and Water extinguishers
The course comprises one half training room session and one half practical session outside the premises. Each delegate will receive a certificate.
Who should attend
Managers, team leaders and front line staff.
15 people maximum per training course
Half-day: £400 + VAT
Full-day: £650 + VAT (price for 2 half-day courses together)
Book via Practice Index for this discounted rate.
Course delivered by:
About the trainer:
Safesmart work with NHS Trusts, Hospitals and many GP practices across the UK making compliance with current safety laws and CQC requirements easier and more efficient. Fully qualified Fire and Health & Safety Trainers, Consultancy and Smartlog health and safety management software. A Practice Index Approved GP Practice Supplier.
Safesmart’s Health and Safety Manager is Paul Williams Tech IOSH, GIFireE, AIIRSM, PTLLS, a H&S consultant with over a decade of experience training and delivering high quality compliance advice to medical practice and education establishments.
Please note: If the aforementioned trainer is not available on the day, a suitable replacement trainer will be supplied. For remote parts of the UK, additional travel costs maybe incurred. If so, this will be made clear to you before you book the training.