1 day (Any day that suits you)
Morning session (9.30am to 12.30pm)
Afternoon session (1.30pm to 4.30pm)
Your practice or a neighbouring practice
This interactive one-day workshop aims to enable primary care staff to identify what exceptional customer service looks like and then apply it consistently within an environment of constant pressure and demands.
To gain an understanding of:
Course outline for the day:
- What does exceptional customer service look and feel like?
- What do we mean by a patient-centred approach?
- Being in the service of others
- The importance of confidence and having self-belief
- How to communicate with patients positively and empathetically
- Positive telephone skills
- Being aware of your own non-verbal cues
- The importance of asking the right questions and taking ownership
- Managing expectations, perceptions and rights - positively and constructively
- The benefits of active listening in providing exceptional customer service
- Overcoming the barriers with patients who are never satisfied
- How to avoid having to say no
- Red-flag words and phrases we should avoid at all costs
- How to deal with difficult and challenging patients
- Patient complaint escalation
- What to do when the pressure is too much
- Top ten tips to being a customer service superpower
During the day we will explore what it means to deliver exceptional customer service and understand better what being ‘in service to others’ really means. Delegates will learn the important skills needed for delivering exceptional customer service and the importance of taking ownership. They will also understand the importance of projecting confidence even when faced with a challenging patient. This one-day workshop will provide all the tools to consistently offer exceptional customer service whilst working in the demanding and pressurised environment of primary care.
Delegates will receive all the course handouts electronically with links to further reading and case studies.
Full day: £945
For up to 12 people. You may wish to join up with other neighbouring practices to share the cost of the training.
Bookings via Practice Index are charged at a discounted rate and come with a money-back guarantee.
Course delivered by:
About the trainer:
Diane recently left primary care after nearly ten years as a practice manger, working for a 16,000 patient population practice across three sites. Since leaving general practice Diane, in conjunction with Practice Index, has been developing primary care training that is relevant in today’s fast-paced and stressful environment. She understands better than most the uniqueness of working within a primary care setting. During the past 25 years Diane has designed and delivered training on a wide range of topics from leadership development and customer service skills to information governance.
Diane is a qualified HR professional with a special interest in learning and development and adult learning theories. She is a member of both the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and the Institute of Leadership and Management. Diane is qualified to ILM 7 level in Executive Coaching and Mentoring with a further postgraduate qualification from the UWE (University of the West of England) in Executive Coaching. During her time in primary care she was responsible for implementing career development pathways which saw receptionists become phlebotomists then HCAs, and admin staff develop leadership skills to move into management positions.
I commissioned Diane to work with my senior team. They have all really enjoyed working with Diane and their confidence and ownership of their roles has grown. We are reaping the benefits of the work achieved with her on a daily basis as a team of staff, and this also benefits the people we work with. I highly recommend anyone to take some time out with Diane and enjoy that safe place she creates to dig a bit deeper – it is surprising what you find!
Alison T - NHS
The training was fantastic and reinforces the need to uphold good customer service.
Delegate NHS Primary Care
Please note: If the aforementioned trainer is not available on the day, a suitable replacement trainer will be supplied. For remote parts of the UK, additional travel costs maybe incurred. If so, this will be made clear to you before you book the training.