Instead, I’ll just say that our friends at NHS Employers have been in touch with some good news: all that we have been saying for the past couple of years about the interaction between NHS sickness cost reimbursement and locum insurance is contained within the new ‘policy and guidance manual’.
I have taken a look and, not only is it very clearly spelt out, there is also a sample claim form (page 370) and a handy Q&A section (page 380).
So, if you are making a claim to your CCG and you are told you can’t claim because you are also claiming on your locum insurance, point your Commissioner here
In summary, it will tell you:
- the weekly maximum figures
- that practices are able to employ salaried GPs to provide cover
- that private insurance policies don’t affect sickness reimbursement
- that salaried GPs are eligible for up to 26 weeks reimbursement even if not on full pay
- about phased return to work
- how reimbursement of shared parental leave works
Author: Natasha Reynolds – Practice Cover