Local care national service
Pro Care Cleaning
320a Ruislip Road East
0800 032 6660
ProCare can clean GP practices to the necessary Care Quality Commission standards because:
- they are fully conversant with all the CQC requirements
- they have over 25 years’ experience
- they are experienced in dealing with medical waste
- they already deal with many medical institutions
Other Cleaning Services:
- General Surgery Cleaning
- Medical Waste Handling
- Deep Cleanse (pre-inspection)
- Deep cleanse (scheduled)
- Carpet Cleaning
- Floor scrubs (one off or as arranged)
- Window Cleaning
- Window Blinds Cleaning
- Sanitary Disposal bins
- Janitorial Products (full range of equipment chemicals and ancillary items)
ProCare suggests that the following cleaning routines are carried out in GP practices:
- Disinfect all door handles and push plates
- Wipe down and disinfect all work surfaces and sinks in treatment rooms
- Wipe clean and disinfect the top(s) of reception desk(s) and counters
- Wipe clean and disinfect couches and replace the paper rolls
- Wipe clean and disinfect handrails and banisters
- Wipe clean and disinfect hard-type waiting-room furniture and spray-disinfect soft furniture
- Wipe clean and disinfect all ancillary equipment in waiting areas (blood-pressure gauges, height machines, etc.)
- TV/patient monitors – dust and clean screens
- Wipe clean and disinfect all couch frames in treatment rooms
- You may require ProCare to replace privacy curtains if you use disposable ones
- Wipe clean and disinfect the high-level frames of privacy screens
Recommendations to consider:
It is also suggested that everything should be cleaned and disinfected in between every patient to ensure there is no danger of cross infection. Surfaces should be made of certain materials in order to avoid the risk of incubation. This means having hard floors instead of carpets, especially in treatment rooms, and replacing ‘privacy curtains’ with disposable ones.
Where Altro-type safety flooring is selected, all of ProCare’s cleaning materials are approved by the manufacturers of this type of flooring. A periodic scrub of Altro-type flooring is highly recommended as it can sometimes give the appearance of being dirty after a long period of use.
ProCare ensures that colour-coded mops, buckets and cloths are on site and labelled, in accordance with the NPSA Colour Coding scheme.
ProCare currently recommends using 2 different anti-viral disinfectants (both effective against MRSA, H1N1, C. Difficile, etc.) on a rotational basis, as it is best not to use the same chemical for too long as germs can build up a resistance to it. ProCare uses the latest cleaning materials that have been specifically designed for today’s needs.
As cleaning will need to be carried out during the day, ProCare can provide clients with a price list for disinfectants, clothes and other materials. These would be delivered to your premises along with COSHH sheets.
Feminine Hygiene and Nappy Disposal Units
ProCare can provide the required numbers of these units and arrange for these to be emptied and serviced according to your needs. They can also supply sharps and clinical-waste bins.
Inspections – CQC and Infection Control
They can ensure that someone from ProCare is available during your inspections to give you all the necessary information and to resolve any issues quickly. They can also adjust specifications when new requirements are introduced.