Specialist Solicitors working exclusively for Healthcare practitioners in England & Wales
Tavistock House South
020 7383 7111
A large part of the work we do at Lockharts is for GPs and private practitioners.
We can provide advice on all aspects of the legislative framework which regulates the provision of primary and secondary care, in addition to advice on contractual documents and variations.
We offer specialist expertise and experience in a comprehensive range of areas including:
Andrew Lockhart-Mirams is Chairman of the National Association of Specialist Solicitors Advising Doctors (NASSAD).
We have been classified in Band 1 for Medical: Partnership and Band 5 for Healthcare in the 'Chambers and Partners' UK Wide Guide for 2014 and in 2015.
We provide a cost-effective service which matches specialist solicitors and support staff to the specific needs of the GP clients. We are able to conduct the vast majority of our work by post or email from our offices in London, so your location is no barrier to us acting for you. We can also visit your premises by arrangement to discuss your requirements.
Our simple practice ethic is to ensure that when we conclude the work carried out for you, you leave with the belief that you have had the best possible service providing a full range of premier services and business solutions to healthcare providers within the evolving framework of NHS regulations, Lockharts remains at the forefront of developments in the healthcare sector.
- Have approximately 20% of the overall market share of GPs clients throughout England and Wales
- We are extremely active in private Healthcare work and regularly advises a number of substantial healthcare providers who have taken over and continue to acquire other healthcare practices
- We have a national reputation for our work in the development of PMS and APMS agreements, producing agreements for federations of practices, producing shareholder agreements for provider companies wishing to supply services to NHS Commissioners and Local Authorities, in response to commissioning recommendations
- The Department has developed a detailed understanding of the implications of the Health & Social Care Act 2012 and regularly advises on the associated strategy and policy issues. Our work takes on board the developments of MCPs and PACS in line with the Five Year Forward View
- The Department regularly advise healthcare practitioners on issues relating to practice developments, practice mergers and acquisitions, and NHS England contracting issues
- Advising on the formation of and viability of so called “super partnerships”
- For over 20 years, renowned Senior Partner, Andrew Lockhart-Mirams acted for the 'General Practitioners Committee of the BMA' on a wide range of regulatory and contractual issues affecting GPs, including the New GMS Contract in 2004. In 2005, Andrew was given an award at the 'Annual LMC Conference Dinner' in recognition of 21 years' service to GPs in the UK
• An Enterprise Nation adviser & accredited for the Growth Vouchers programme
• Achieved Band 1 for Medical:Partnership and Band 5 for Healthcare in the 'Chambers and Partners' Guide for 2014
• Won the 2013 Acquisition International Legal Awards
• Named as one of the UK's Leading Specialist Solicitors in Advising Doctors (NASSAD)
• Member of the National Association of Specialist Solicitors Advising Doctors (NASSAD) where our Senior Partner, Andrew Lockhart-Mirams, is the Chairman.
• Member of the National Association of Specialist Dentist Accountants & Lawyers (NASDAL) where our Senior Partner, Andrew Lockhart-Mirams, is the Chairman of the Lawyers Group.
• Named as one of the 'UK Leading Specialist Solicitors in Advising Doctors'.
• 2005: Senior Partner, Andrew Lockhart Mirams, received a presentation by the Members of the BDA’s GP Committee in recognition of 21 years’ service to GPs in the UK.
• 2011: Senior Partner, Andrew Lockhart Mirams, was entered on the BDA's Roll of Distinction for outstanding service to UK Dentistry, the only solicitor to have ever received this accolade.
• Andrew is now a member of the ‘ICAEW Healthcare Group’ – January 2015.
• 2014 - Corporate Intl Legal Awards 2015 Partnership Law Firm of the Year in England
• 2014 - Enterprise Nation adviser & accredited for the Growth Vouchers programme • 2013 - Acquisition International Legal Awards • 2013 - The Legal 500 UK Leading Firm• 2012 - The General Practice Awards – Legal Team of the Year
Our Senior Partner, Andrew Lockhart-Mirams, is also:
• Chairman of the National Association of Specialist Solicitors Advising Doctors (NASSAD)
• Chairman Elect of the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers (NASDAL)
• A member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
• A member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners (APP) for whom he is also listed on the association’s list of Arbitrator
• A member of the Association of Specialist Providers to Dentists (ASPD)
• A member of the Primary Care Premises Forum
• A fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
• An Accredited Mediator with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
• A member of the Frankfurt Bar and also a member of Broglie, Schade & Partner GBR who have offices in Wiesbaden, Berlin, Munich and London
• An enterprise Nation adviser & accredited for the Growth Vouchers programme
• A member of the ICAEW Healthcare Group>
|Fax:||020 7383 7117|